2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-in Hybrid: Autonomy, Prices and Equipment
The new edition, introduced on the market in Europe in autumn 2020, brought with it an extensive updating program, both from an aesthetic point of view and in hi-tech contents. With regard to its plans for the evolution of the range under the banner of high electrification, Hyundai is bringing the awaited rechargeable hybrid configuration of the Sport Utility Santa Fe to its commercial debut. A declination that is added, completing the proposals, to the turbodiesel and full-hybrid versions, as a response to the essential question of repositioning the lineup crucial for the evolution of the models in order also to the competitive high-wheel segment, one of the most important in the world.
Specifically, Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-in Hybrid confirms most of the innovations adopted by the 2021 edition-restyling of the model (in particular, with regard to the equipment and the execution of the assembly processes), flanked by the plug-in hybrid power supply which in this specific case is accompanied by a promotion reserved for new buyers, which offers the new Plug-in (seven-seater) with a customer benefit of 9,000 euros.
Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-in Hybrid has the well-known unique 5-year unlimited km warranty, plus 8 years or 160,000 km coverage on the high voltage battery. The trim chosen is the XClass version, therefore of a higher range. Meanwhile, the main features are listed below:
- 19” alloy wheels;
- Panoramic roof electrically operated for opening and closing;
- Interior leather upholstery;
- Ventilated and heated front seats;
- Heated rear seats;
- 12.3” digital instrument cluster;
- Infotainment module with 10.25″ touch display navigation system equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, rear view camera and Bluelink telematic services suite which includes the Live functions and through the dedicated App, it allows the user to identify the vehicle, to lock and unlock the vehicle remotely, as well as to view information on the use of the car (such as the fuel level and the monitoring of the battery charge conditions in addition to managing the charging settings)
- Latest generation Hyundai Smart Sense active driving assistance systems, including: the Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist device with vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist recognition and Junction Turning function, the vehicle maintenance system in the middle of the driving lane. speed limit detection, Blind.view Spot Monitor for blind spots monitoring, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, Remote Smart Parking Assist that allows the vehicle to face on its own parking maneuvers, and the innovative Highway Driving Assist which keeps the car in the center of its lane and also adjusts the speed based on navigation data and surrounding traffic.
Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-in Hybrid is equipped with the 1.6 T-GDi “Smartstream” petrol drive unit (with unique CVVD-Continuously Variable Valve Duration technology designed to optimize engine performance and efficiency), combined with a 91 HP electric engine. The overall system power is 265 hp, with 350 Nm of maximum torque.
The power supply is provided by a 13.8 kWh capacity lithium-ion battery, which allows up to 58 km of electric range in Wltp cycle. Charging takes place via a 7.2 kW on-board charger that allows the vehicle to be connected to public columns as well as via a compatible domestic Wallbox (solution which, among other things, can be managed remotely using a smartphone and Bluelink app to select, for example, the cheapest time slot.
The transmission is entrusted to the shift-by-wire six-speed automatic gearbox (6AT) with simplified gear changes (shifting into neutral, reverse gear and parking mode takes place using the convenient buttons located on the center console ), and Hyundai’s exclusive 4WD HTrac all-wheel drive system variably distributes power between the front and rear axles, depending on the traction and driving conditions. As is already the case for the other versions already in the price list, the new rechargeable hybrid version is also equipped with the terrain mode selector, designed to optimize power, torque and braking according to the road condition selected by the driver.
Price and Commercial Promotion
With regard to the sales offer (52,000 euros), Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-in Hybrid offers 9,000 euros of customer benefit to new buyers (thanks to the new Eco-bonuses) in the event of exchange or scrapping of a used vehicle registered for at least ten years. With the Hyundai i-Plus financing (Tan 2.95%, Taeg 3.66%), Hyundai Santa Fe rechargeable hybrid is available with an advance of 19,250 euros. After three years there is a choice between keeping the car, replacing it with a new Hyundai model or returning it.